Pier and South Promenade, St. Annes on Sea

Pier and South Promenade, St. Annes on Sea
Pier and South Promenade, St. Annes on Sea
Pier and  South Promenade, St. Annes on Sea
231171
nst07062010002
Pier and South Promenade, St. Annes on Sea
St Annes on Sea
St.Anne's Pier was opened by Lord Stanley in 1885. 1904 saw the completion of its famous "Moorish" pavilion, capable of seating audiences of up to 1,000. In 1910 the "Floral Hall" was completed. In subsequent years, an amusement arcade and a restaurant was added to the entrance buildings. Sadly, a series of fires from 1959 demolished the Moorish pavilion and caused considerable damage to the pier. In 1982 the Floral Hall was lost and the end of the pier was reduced by some 300 feet. The view on the postcard is from the pier looking towards the promenade.
Postcard
Colour
5.5 x 3.5 ins
c1910
Enter year in yyyy format
789
This item includes these files