Brierfield town Hall

Brierfield town Hall
Brierfield town Hall
Brierfield town Hall
iBase ID
271305
Reference identifier
ENE20151128016
Title
Brierfield town Hall
Place
Brierfield
General notes
Brierfield Town Hall on colne Road, Brierfield is a grade II listed building, once the home of the Tunstill family, who built the first mills in Brierfield. Originally named Brierfield House, it was built in 1833 and occupied by the Tunstill family until 1890 when Robert Tunstill died. In 1901 the house was remodelled and opened as the Brierfield Urban District's Town Hall. It remained the Town Hall until Local Government reorganisation in 1974. The house then became one of Pendle Dictrict's 'Public Halls' available for local groups and societies to use. In June 2014 ownership was passed to Brierfield Town Council. On the right can be seen the old Fire Station (erected in 1902). The station was closed in the 1920's and in the 1950's the upper floor of the building was used as a public library.
Medium
Slide
Colour
Colour
Locator
Stanley Bracewell Collection Box 34 slide 1126
This item includes these files