Halton Railway Station, Lancaster

Halton Railway Station, Lancaster
Halton Railway Station, Lancaster
Halton Railway Station, Lancaster
286497
ZCO20220913002
Halton Railway Station, Lancaster
Halton
Halton is the only remaining station on a single line between Lancaster and Clapham built by the Little North Western Railway in 1849. The line was taken over by the Midland Railway in 1874 and gradually extended to provide a route between Morecambe/Lancaster and Leeds/Bradford. The line was closed in 1966 and at the western end only four miles remain, now the Lancaster - Caton Cycleway. The station building was completely destroyed by a fire in 1907 but immediately rebuilt. Following the line's closure, the station was immediately bought and donated Lancaster University's Boating Club (the station is, at the rear, located on the bank of the river Lune and has a slipway).
Digital Image
Colour
2022
Enter year in yyyy format
This item includes these files