Skip to content
Red Rose Collections
Log in
Register
Subject matches "The Sky" or its children
Item
of 25
Edit item
Share
Comment
Enquire
Greg Observatory Opening, Williamson Park, Lancaster
This item is active and ready to use
Greg Observatory Opening, Williamson Park, Lancaster
Greg Observatory Opening, Williamson Park, Lancaster
File details
iBase ID
227521
Reference identifier
NLA09082008001
Title
Greg Observatory Opening, Williamson Park, Lancaster
Place
Lancaster
Personal names
Ralph Copeland Albert Greg
General notes
Built by the Corporation for the preservation and use of astronomical instruments presented by Albert Greg of Escowbeck. It was opened by the Astronomer Royal of Scotland, Dr Ralph Copeland FRSE FRAS on 29th July 1892. The observatory was demolished around 1960, it's foundations can still be seen at the Park.
For more information see 'Lancaster's Lost Observatory' by Peter Wade in the Journal of British Astronomical Association 102(3) for 1992. Available online at the SAO/NASA Astrophysics Data System on the Harvard University website.
Medium
Photographic print
Colour
Monochrome
Year of image
1892
Enter year in yyyy format
Mario Map link
MARIO Map
Web link
Lancaster's Lost Observatory by Peter Wade
Original file details
Description
Keywords
Subjects
ENVIRONMENT
>
The Sky
Place Names
>
Lancaster
PLACES
>
Parks
This item includes these files
Image
Collections with this item
Other items like this
Williamson Park, Lancaster
Clear all
Search within
By field
By subject
By Label
By folder / collection
By your searches
Export
Collection
TOOLBAR:Lightbox
Edit
Workflow