Entrance Gates ,Army Remount Depot, Lathom Park

Entrance Gates ,Army Remount Depot, Lathom Park
Entrance Gates ,Army Remount Depot, Lathom Park
Entrance Gates ,Army Remount Depot, Lathom Park
iBase ID
234983
Reference identifier
SOR20120227010
Title
Entrance Gates ,Army Remount Depot, Lathom Park
Place
Lathom
General notes
Army Remount Depot established during 1914-18 war in the grounds of Lathom House. A railway was built which left the Earl of Lathom's land near Blaguegate Colliery, passed Slate Farm and passed through Spa Farm to reach the main railway line. The depot remained in use until 1920 with the railway line used for storage. The lines were later removed. It was estimated that during the Great War over 250,000 horses and mules passed through the depot.
Medium
Postcard
Colour
Monochrome
Original image size
12.5x8.6cms
Year of image
c1915
Enter year in yyyy format
This item includes these files